Friday, July 13, 2007

Sandman Chronicles Part Deux

The Second Night...

I was in the middle of dinner (it could've been lunch but the drapes were down and it looked like there wasn't much light creeping through. That, and I was far too pretty for noon). I was seated at the end of a long table, and the mysterious man was seated across me. I was eating and I'd look up from time to time just to see if he was still there. Every time I did, he was. Just looking back at me. He wasn't smiling but he seemed content.

I wasn't even done with my food yet when he asked me to go with him. It was the first time I heard his voice. It sounded vaguely familiar. Maybe because his voice was deep and thoughtful, just like every other knight, prince and hero I've heard speak. We walked through a wide hallway adorned with pictures of people but again, I couldn't tell who. And somewhere in the middle, on one side of the wall was a mirror that didn't end. I looked at our reflection and things didn't seem to be unusual. I was there, he was there. But before I knew it, we were back in "his realm." A place where I clearly didn't belong. The other side of the world that had winged servants and goblets and armors. It wasn't the same football field from my first dream but I was pretty sure it was just around the corner from where I was standing.

I was in the middle of a vined garden with the well, and the purple sky, and the works. The man was still there with me, holding my hand. He undressed me with his eyes. Normally, I'd be fazed in a situation where I'd take my clothes off in front of someone. But with him, it's like he's seen me naked before and I didn't mind. I won't go into much detail but let's just say we did it. I had sex in my dream. There. Shame on me.

So anyway, after THAT, he disappeared (wham bam thank you ma'am, or so I thought). I was left alone but I had all my clothes on again without remembering putting them back on. Out of nowhere, a darker presence enveloped me. Like I was drowning in air. And I felt someone. He or she was trying to rid me of life. And I gasped. I tried to break away. Until I found myself in a room with an enormous creepy-looking chair. It looked like a throne but I couldn't be too sure. A man and a woman who looked regal yet villainous stood there and threatened to bring me more pain. Somehow I knew that these were my mysterious man's parents. How did I know? Well, how did I end up having sex with a hot bod in my dream?? There can never be answers, only questions at this point.

Just when I feel like I'm taking my last breath, the mysterious man appears and the room takes on a different light. The other figures begin to fade away, against their will, until it was just him and me again. We were in my bedroom. I was standing on one side of the bed, still gasping from fear. He was standing on the other. Distant, but inviting. And then I wake. Crap.

Have a safe Friday the 13th, everyone!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I've read the 1st one, then now this. Very interesting dream. I never remember any of mine.

Will be interesting to find out what happens in your 3rd. Great looking blog, FrenchKys!


Kirsten
IL, USA