Sunday, October 7, 2007

Unconscious Mutterings 17

First off, I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Manny Pacquiao for defeating Marco Antonio Barrera, who announced his retirement within hours of his loss, at the Will To Win Super Featherweight match held at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Vegas today (Saturday night for all you HBO PPV viewers out there). You make the Filipinos proud of you more than ever.

If the match taught us anything, it's that anger is a very ugly thing. It can take the best of you, or you can control it and unleash it at just the right time. Pacquiao definitely was the gentleman in the ring, which only made Barrera look really REALLY bad. It was a fair match and people knew Pacquiao was going to take his title back home. A solid 12 rounds, a nasty gaping wound on Barrera's cheek, the foul blow Manny took, the unsurprising point deduction Barrera got for it, and all the great action in between -- definitely one of my favorite Pacquiao victories yet.

LunaNina says ... and I think ... ?

  1. Cluster :: almonds
  2. Announcement :: Pacquiao wins!
  3. Respect :: Aretha Franklin
  4. Incident :: I'd rather not talk about it
  5. Accordion :: I will live without knowing how to play it
  6. Drunk :: I had a few drinks last night, but I hardly even got tipsy
  7. If :: finding discomfort in the hypothetical world
  8. Dexter :: mischievous Capuchin monkey from Night At The Museum
  9. Wedding :: 12-13-14... after attending a wedding on July 7th 2007, my boyfriend joked that we would be tying the knot on December 13, 2014. He cracks me up, that one.
  10. Gambling :: not really my cup of tea

3 comments:

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

What did you drink?

Zooomabooma said...

What? You have no desire to learn to play the accordian? Get out, you're kidding, right?!

frenchkys said...

BB -- I only had 2 glasses of red wine and a glass of something else (I forget). I'm getting old. Haha!

Chris -- OK, maybe I did at some point, but I'm sure I WAS drunk then.