Monday, December 3, 2007

Manic Monday Mix Tape: Ship

Title: Sailing
Artist: Christopher Cross
Album: Christopher Cross (1980)
Dedication: "This is for all you Planet-K inhabitants...those that survived the shipwreck, that is. Can I get an Amen?!?"




It's not far down to paradise
At least it's not for me
And if the wind is right you can sail away
And find tranquility
The canvas can do miracles
Just you wait and see
Believe me

It's not far to never never land
No reason to pretend
And if the wind is right you can find the joy
Of innocence again
The canvas can do miracles
Just you wait and see
Believe me

Sailing
Takes me away
To where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free

Fantasy
It gets the best of me
When I'm sailing
All caught up in the reverie
Every word is a symphony
Won't you believe me

It's not far back to sanity
At least it's not for me
And when the wind is right you can sail away
And find serenity
The canvas can do miracles
Just you wait and see
Believe me

10 comments:

Gattina said...

Nice poeme ! (How can one stop the music on your blog ?)

frenchkys said...

Just hit the pause button on any of the players (e.g. the iPod on the right panel).

Thanks for stopping by!

Shelia said...

Awww man, I used to LOVE that song! Happy MM!

frenchkys said...

God knows I need my regular doze of alternative rock, but Christopher Cross, man -- he always knows where to find me.

Happy MM to you, too, Shelia.

tegdirb92 said...

I still love that song! Have a great Monday!

Jamie said...

Wonderful song. Crosby is getting a real workout on this week's Manic Monday.

Villager said...

Great MM Post! I enjoyed listening to that song ... and it was even better to see the lyrics...

My MM post this week involves cruising on the high seas.

peace, Villager

Dont make me get out my flying Monkeys! said...

Great post! sail on over to my blog!

frenchkys said...

Thank you all for the MM love. ;)

Alex Smith said...

Fellow blogger, Found a cool new tool for our blogs... http://www.widgetmate.com . It helps get latest news for our keywords directly on to our blog.