Thursday, December 6, 2007

So This Is Christmas...

There are like 18 more days (pardon my math) until Christmas, but somehow I think I'm still so unprepared for it -- mentally, financially, SPIRITUALLY.

I'm a mess. A beautiful one nonetheless -- ha ha. Add crazy to the list while we're at it.

I start work for a big telecommunications company on Monday. People are actually filing for vacation leaves and I am just getting my work-groove on. God knows I need the money, but it would be nice to drive north and spend Christmas eve with my brother and the rest of the Soriano clan who, I just found out, are all set for the 5-hour road trip.

I've been shopping all week, all month. Everywhere I go, I end up spending a wad of cash (and a lot of credit) for gift items and personal splurges. But after checking off my list, I realize I still need to get a few more things; for my Godson, one of my bestest friends who's going back to Toronto right after Christmas, one of the maids, and...I know I'm forgetting one more. Crap.

My mom just had minor eye surgery -- if it's even considered that -- this afternoon. The doctor said it wouldn't take more than a minute to administer the injection (yep, straight through the eye ball. Yeowza!), but she must've been in the operating room for two whole hours. Then it took more than an hour for her to recover from all the stuff they put in her eye. 125K for one simple procedure. The next session is in Feb, so we have a couple of months to prepare for THAT one. But, wow, that much money for a 0.5 mL injection (plus incidentals)...

Merry Christmas, yeah?

2 comments:

G.G. said...

Good luck on your new gig. Hope your mom's doing well from her eye surgery!

frenchkys said...

Thanks, that's real sweet of you. Hope to see you around here again soon.