Saturday, July 5, 2008

These Are A Few Of My Favorite New Things

As some of you may already know, I'm extending my stay in Bangkok for another week. Tourist visas in Thailand are only good for 30 days. So, I re-booked my return ticket and I'm scheduled to go back on the 13th. Yay!

Aside from the daily mundane activities and the chores I never needed to do back home, I've also been busy entertaining myself with the best thing I know how to do -- spend money. I've accumulated quite a few things in the last 3 weeks. From psychedelic ash trays (gifts for my smoker friends) to bottled spicy condiments and Tom Yam soup paste (for me and my brother. Oh boy, are they spicy). Most importantly, I got a lot of really fabulous clothes and accessories: Ray-Ban aviator and wayfarer sunglasses (my best buys on this trip); "Brida" by Paulo Coelho and a bunch of other books from Kinokuniya (even the books are on sale!); a vintage Rolling Stone t-shirt which I absolutely love (haggled from 1,250 Baht down to just 400 Baht -- I said it was my birthday. I had to.); and really cute tops/dresses that I think I can pull off in Manila (when I wear them here, I blend in easily). NOTE: All items bought at La Lai Sap, Patpong, Silom Central, Siam Paragon, and miscellaneous side streets of Bangkok.

I'm a little worried about going over the baggage limit. But I can worry more when I get to the airport, can't I. Put all my clothes on like Joey did with Chandler's on Friends? Problem solved.

3 comments:

Maya and Charlie said...

My my are those things back in fashion? I have 2 pairs and I'm sure my husband has at least 1. Hold on to an item of clothing long enough and it will surely find its way back. Who needs to shop?

frenchkys said...

I do! Haha

Thanks for the lengthy comment. I enjoyed/appreciate it a lot. ;)

Anonymous said...

Anything to do with Aviator Sunglasses and Rayban= Classic