Pinoy Pride: Jerome Fontamillas of Switchfoot
Jerome, Jerome, Jerome...
OK, I have to admit, I've always suspected he was a Filipino, but just never got to Google him before (I'm lazy. I'm woman enough to admit it). It wasn't until their concert here in Manila when I confirmed my suspicions. Now, I'm even more hooked -- on the music, their causes, the band, Jerome, Jon Foreman, EVERYTHING!
Jerome Fontamillas has had an amazing run as a musician...which, by the way, is far from over. Before he joined Switchfoot in 2000, he was in two other bands. He's done a few independent production work on the side as well. Aside from being a brilliant guitarist, keyboard extraordinaire, and record producer, Jerome is, more than anything else, a full-blooded Pinoy and damn proud of it. Obviously, we are all proud of him, too. You rock, Jerome! And Jonathan Mark Foreman, wherever you are, I love you to pieces, man!!! I just had to say it out loud to debase myself, nothing more.
2 comments:
Who knew?
Good job on your blog. It's been very entertaining thus far.
I'm glad you think so. Thanks for the comment, whoever you are haha. Cheers!
Post a Comment