Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Goodbye Kiss (for the nth time)

As some of you may already know, I quit my diet coke addiction last month. It was my late grandmother's birthday and I kinda made a toast in her honor. It was supposed to be the last can of soda I would drink for a very long time at least.

What most of you don't know is that I've kicked this habit like a bajillion times since I allegedly quit. It hasn't even been two months and I gave in. My grandmother must be laughing her @ss off at me right now. I know, I know, I'm weak! I couldn't resist! I missed the carbonated water, the thirst-quenching flavor, the empty calories, the comfort of having a can/bottle at my disposal.

I'm happy to announce, however, that today I had my last bottle of diet coke and I won't be drinking it anytime soon. I just need to clean my system, kick the habit, and maybe, just maybe, I could reward myself with a can sometime in the future. Quitting smoking was easier, I tell you; that was a walk in the park compared to this one.

Diet coke, old friend, I'm certainly going to miss you. Until we meet again (not this weekend, I hope)...

2 comments:

Harvard said...

They're full of empty calories, you're right. It's so hard to quit something you love.

frenchkys said...

Amen, brother. Amen.