Sunday, August 5, 2007

Where I Was the Last 3 Days

Did you know that the Philippine archipelago is made up of 7,107 islands? Pretty neat, huh. I always thought so.

Anyway, I was on a road trip the last few days and ended up in this place called Alaminos north of Manila (approx. 4-hour drive). There you will find the renowned Hundred Islands -- believed to be 124 islands during low tide and about 99 during high tide. With just a 5-hour boat ride in between and around the islands, you get breathtaking views, dock and enjoy the pristine beaches, even swim into a cave or two, and go snorkeling in the open sea for giant clams.

It's my 2nd time in Alaminos and I know I'll only go back every chance I get. I encourage everyone to take the trip at least once in their life. And guess what...I'd be MORE than happy to go with you. ;)

Next stop is Palawan, so watch out for that. In the meantime, here's a preview of my hundred-island adventure:

2 comments:

Etienne said...

philippine is a beautiful country with many island surroundings and its a good place to go there for relaxation.

frenchkys said...

I'll drink to that!

Tagay!