Friday, September 14, 2007

Pinoy Pride: Jerome Fontamillas of Switchfoot

Jerome, Jerome, Jerome...

OK, I have to admit, I've always suspected he was a Filipino, but just never got to Google him before (I'm lazy. I'm woman enough to admit it). It wasn't until their concert here in Manila when I confirmed my suspicions. Now, I'm even more hooked -- on the music, their causes, the band, Jerome, Jon Foreman, EVERYTHING!

Jerome Fontamillas has had an amazing run as a musician...which, by the way, is far from over. Before he joined Switchfoot in 2000, he was in two other bands. He's done a few independent production work on the side as well. Aside from being a brilliant guitarist, keyboard extraordinaire, and record producer, Jerome is, more than anything else, a full-blooded Pinoy and damn proud of it. Obviously, we are all proud of him, too. You rock, Jerome! And Jonathan Mark Foreman, wherever you are, I love you to pieces, man!!! I just had to say it out loud to debase myself, nothing more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew?

Good job on your blog. It's been very entertaining thus far.

frenchkys said...

I'm glad you think so. Thanks for the comment, whoever you are haha. Cheers!