Saturday, September 1, 2007

SemptemBRRR

The ber months are upon us; Christmas is just around the corner and people from these parts can definitely feel (hear?) it. Christmas jingles playing on TV and the radio, cold late afternoons well into dawn. Time certainly flies, doesn't it.

Every September, I start to get a few things in order: Christmas shopping lists of things I've lusted after since the beginning of the year, a list of people to give gifts to (it's smart to get presents by installment so you don't feel so poor come crunch time), and follow some kind of diet or exercise regimen -- at least up until Christmas day when it all goes down the drain anyway.

It's undeniable that I'm excited about the holidays, but I can't help it if I'm a little glum, too. It'll be the first Christmas without my grandfather and it's going to sting, no doubt about that. It's going to be one crazy roller coaster ride alright.


2 comments:

Susan, M.D. said...

Where can I get those star lanterns?

Interesting blog, by the way. I should start one, too, I think.

frenchkys said...

It's sold all over the country, but I know a great place where they sell it really cheap. I'd be more than happy to help you out, Susan. Just send me an email if you're still interested. ;)