Tuesday, July 8, 2008

10 On Tuesday: Movie Characters

10 of my favorite movie characters. TEN of my favorite movie characters. Wow. Just 10? Really?

OK, since the theme this week encompasses an endless array of possibilities, I'm going with my 10 favorite movie characters I wouldn't mind playing/living/being. How's that for flippy.

1. Ever After (1998) - Danielle de Barbarac. I've always loved Cinderella-esque adaptations (except for the one with Hillary Duff). Poor girl gets bossed around and locked up, attends the party anyway, becomes the envy of every girl in attendance, loses a shoe (or a slipper, whatever -- she does it on purpose, I bet), gets caught by the evil bwitch (first two consonants are interchangeable), gets locked up again (she starts to like it at this point), but then she escapes, prince discovers her as nothing but her true self, falls in-love for the second time, they get hitched, have babies, adopt a few, and live happily...ever...after. Ahlavit.

2. Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (2001-2003) - Arwen. She is one hot elf, admit it. She talks gibberish and I still wanna be her. She's in-love with an equally-hot rogue king, she's the daughter of Agent Smith from The Matrix (how cool is that?!), she has crazy flawless skin, and she can ride a horse like it was nothing. Even when we thought she was dying, she was gorgeous. I'd like to look like that in my death bed, that's for sure.

3. Bridget Jones (2001 & 2004) - Bridget Jones. If I can't be a passionate and hopeful heroine in a Jane Austen novel, I'd settle for the heavy-set blond. She's average, perky (when need be), determined, stubborn, self-sufficient, queen of the world, and is deeply loved by her mates. Who cares if the whole of London had seen her behind. Who cares if she can't prepare a decent meal. Who freakin' cares if she's a size 14 (I don't really know what size she is, I'm just guessing here). Not Mark Darcy, he doesn't. Ah, Mark Darcy. The way he enveloped her with his coat and kissed her in the middle of the street toward the end of the first installment? Ahhh.

4. Kill Bill (2003 & 2004) - Beatrix Kiddo aka The Bride/Black Mamba. I never imagined I'd say this in a million years, but Uma Thurman kicked ass in that one (as once a sworn enemy and covetess of Ethan Hawke's affections, I never really liked her until Kill Bill came out). Those long limbs flying about in various kung-fu styles...she was unbeatable. I mean, God, she was too good even for the infamous Bill. Served him right at the end (she killed Bill, naturally).

5. James Bond (285 B.C. - Present) - Vesper Lynd circa '06...or any Bond Girl for that matter. Out of all the ladies he met [and did], Vesper was his one true love. It's not exactly a pretty name, but big f-ing deal. To be a Bond Girl is more than enough reason to aspire for the role. To be the Bond Girl would just be pure heaven.

6. Tomb Raider (2001 & 2003) - Lara Croft. Another bad-ass. I'm all for girl power, baby. I do consider myself a peaceful person in real life. But, if I had Lara Croft's guns, I'd shoot away, without even blinking. In my sleep if I had to. Shoot all there is to shoot. And if anyone can pull off the short shorts (sorry, Daisy Duke) with holsters, no less, it's this lady right here. Short shorts in action sequences, kicking and flying about, remaining cool as ever? Oh, and the long locks are a plus, too. Let's not forget she's like a gazillionaire.

7-10. Sex And The City (2008) - Charlotte York, Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones, and Miranda Hobbes. Yeah, I'd do anything to play any one of them and that's the truth. They remain fabulous even in times of heartache and despair. They have the best wardrobe and accessories. Their men are sweethearts and almost perfect. Who wouldn't want to strut the streets of New York with a huge flower in their face/hair/chest and still get away with it?!? Hmm?

13 comments:

MiLeTTe said...

nice list. i also love bridget jones. the movie has also a great soundtrack.

thanks for checking out mine.

milet!

Teena in Toronto said...

I liked the first Bridget Jones movie.

I played too :)

Sonya said...

Awesome list! I love Bridget Jones and Lara Croft!

Nina said...

Great List! A couple of my favorites listed there too!

frenchkys said...

Thanks for stopping by, guys! Cheers... ;)

Sheeshintx said...

Great list. There were so many possibilities on this topic. I love the Bridget Jones movie also.
Happy Tuesday!

frenchkys said...

So hard to pick just 10, I know! Enjoyed your lists a lot, too. Hope to see y'all again soon. Have a great week! ;)

Tuppence said...

Really enjoyed your commentary on your picks. Great list.

frenchkys said...

Hey, thanks! Loved your list, too, Tuppence. ;)

pjd said...

I love the creative approach to the prompt. Good choices, too. (Bond Girls made my honorable mention because, well, Bond is just another spy without the Bond Girls.)

frenchkys said...

Hey, thanks, PJ. You're so right about the Bond girls. ;)

It's 7:30 in the morning and I still haven't gone to bed!!#$%^

Good early night, world!

Jenn said...

I would love to play most of of these. What a great list.

frenchkys said...

Thanks, Jenn! Have to catch up on my OTH episodes now, thanks for reminding me. Cheers! ;)