Wednesday, October 1, 2008

10 On Tuesday: Things That Give Me The Creeps

1. Heights. I have no problem going up (planes taking off, hiking up the mountain, taking elevators)...it's the going down part I'm scared sh*tless of. So, I guess it's not height I'm really afraid of, but plummeting to a painful, inevitable death.

2. The dark. Sometimes.

3. Insects. Especially creepy crawlies. They bug me out (get it? lol). This can be a problem because my boyfriend is just FASCINATED by them. Why? I have no freakin' idea why.

4. Talking dolls. They're not supposed to talk. Come on.

5. Jelly fish. More than sea urchins or sharks. Thank God for Cortizone-10. And pee. ;)

6. Knowing my loved-ones are in harm's way.

7. Talks about the end of the world. I don't necessarily believe them, but they still send shivers up my spine.

8. Man-made and environmental catastrophes. Earthquakes and tsunamis are right up there with acts of terrorism and physical abuse.

9. The Hills Have Eyes. Most disturbing piece of nonsense I've ever seen.

10. Poverty and oppression. Seriously, this should be all our #1's (not that my list is in chronological order). Not the idea of becoming poor ourselves, but the idea that people out there are starving while some are throwing out leftovers, intentionally throwing up their food, and storing cans upon cans upon boxes of "emergency groceries" in storage rooms and endless pantries. We should all be conscious about that.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I agree with you on #'s 4, 6, 7 & 8

You've got an interesting blog!

CraftyCarole said...

Great list. I am so with you on #1.. it's not the fear of being up high but the fear of falling off that height. Claiming #6 8 and 10 as well

spongebabe said...

i agree with 10, 8, 7, and 6.

i'm also scared of confrontations.

Nino said...

#4 Talking dolls are freaky especially if they can blink!

rusty said...

I hate talking dolls!!! I am also terrified of clowns and republicans.