Tuesday, December 9, 2008

10 On Tuesday: Best Holiday Tunes

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."

OK, so I haven't had chestnuts, like ever, and I most definitely haven't roasted any kind of nut on an open fire. But, I do catch myself stopping whatever it is I'm doing whenever the song comes on the radio. It's just a great, feel-good Christmas song. Here are the rest of my top 10 best holiday songs of all time...

1. Santa Baby. No other version than Ms. Marilyn's.

2. Do They Know It's Christmas. By the original Band Aid (1984) and Band Aid 20 (2004). The 1989 version...enh, not so much. I'd still listen to it though. "Feeeeed thaaaa woooooorld!"

3. All I Want For Christmas Is You. By Mariah Carey. Just too cute. No?

4. Little Drummer Boy. By Tori Amos.

5. 12 Days Of Christmas. By The Sorianos. Yeah, our family has a Christmas anthem. Most of it is in Filipino, so I won't even bother with any of the improvised lyrics. But, it's always fun singing it with the rest of the clan.

6. Merry Christmas Baby. By, no other than, Bruce Springsteen. And the E Street Band? Oooooh. I'm not worthy.

7. Last Christmas. By Wham. Nostalgia hits every single time.

8. Happy Xmas (War Is Over). John Lennon rocked it. Sarah McLachlan managed to make it just as cool.

9. The Christmas Song. The King Cole Trio original version is the best, but I'd take any cover, too. Yes, even the New Kids On The Block cover. Seriously. I was in a Kohl's store on Black Friday and this song came on the PA...man, did I ball. Again, seriously.


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


10. Oi To The World. No Doubt, baby! No Doubt, you know, Gwen "pre-hollaback-b-a-n-a-n-a-s" Stefani. I just love it, love it, love it.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan



http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

frenchkys said...

How nice. Thanks, and yeah, I hope to see you here again soon. Enjoy the rest of the week! ;)

The Social Frog said...

Great list of songs :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Nice fun songs!

I played too :)