Tuesday, December 23, 2008

10 On Tuesday: [Old] New Year's Resolutions

Pretty much everything on here has been in my perpetual new year's resolutions list. I guess it helps to "revisit" them at least once a year to, you know, remind me how much progress (sure) I'm making. lol

1. Lose weight. Nowadays, even skinny people think they need to lose weight. I think it's time to update this. Healthier living. Yes, I think that's more positive.

2. Be nicer. To people who deserve it.

3. Go to church/pray more. Because I want to, not because I have to.

4. Clean up. I'm pretty sure my room back home is spotless -- now that I'm living thousands of miles away. Oh, thinking about the environment falls under this category, too. I'm doing OK there.

5. Touch base with family and friends overseas. I'm visiting family and friends here in the States. One country at a time, I guess. :)

6. Revive poetry and songwriting. The last time I wrote a full song was...3 years ago. I'm missing my guitar more than ever.

7. Don't sweat the small stuff. This takes a lot of effort on my part. Some days I'm successful, other days I don't really do so well. Crap.

8. Be a good daughter. I was told I sucked at it. They're probably right.

9. Read more. Yes, I'm doing pretty good in this area.

10. Find the best job and stick to it. This one, well, not so much. lol I will though, as soon as I get back home (said the echo from 2008).

4 comments:

splummer said...

HI!
Like your list! Being nice is a good one but hard to do sometimes! Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Sherrie

Monkey! said...

Good luck with #6! Merry Christmas!

The Social Frog said...

I am sure you don't "suck" as a daughter! What a terrible thing for someone to say!

LadyWolf said...

I need to add some of these to my list..maybe..tomorrow..lol! Theres that procrastination bug flitting about,durn thing.
My mom needs to do your number 7..deperately!! Ah if only she'd listen..lol. Great list!
Have a most wonderful holiday! =)