Friday, February 20, 2009

Pre-Departure Sentiments

So, I'm leaving L.A. for Manila in 1 week. Has it really been 6 months already?!? Time flies so fast, doesn't it.

All in all, I had an awesome time here in the US of A. Was with my aunt during her chemo sessions and only yesterday we found out her bone marrow's clear of cancer (amen!). Been to 10 States -- 5 on each coast -- and they were all fabulous. Got to spend time with family and friends. Rode on the most insane theme park rides, witnessed snow fall for the very first time, touched real snow for the very first time, had my first thanksgiving, went to the site of the first ever thanksgiving, met Ms. Liberty, walked the mall parking lot where they shot Back To The Future, wept at the sight of the Grand Canyon, witnessed Obama make history...so many good memories. 6 months worth of them.

Big thanks to the Sorianos and Dorados for their hospitality and generosity. To my friends, old and new -- I wish I had more time to spend with you. When I come back, I promise you'll be sick of me. :)

Now, I'm off to Vegas to celebrate my pre-birthday send-off. Cheers! ;)

No comments: