Monday, January 7, 2008

Manic Monday: One

I decided I'd post this video for a few reasons. The first is pretty obvious; it has the same title as today's Manic Monday word. Second, this song is really close to my heart. Third, who doesn't love U2 and Mary J. Blige, eh?

For those of you who may not already know, this was originally done by the great Johnny Cash. I have all three versions on my iPod (e.g. Cash, U2, MJ feat. U2), with the latter as one of my contact ringtones on my mobile. Overall, it's a great song. Great message, fantastic arrangement, top notch collaboration. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dont make me get out my flying Monkeys! said...

Nice Monday post! Come by and check out my revamped, made over blog, and take a peak at my Manic Monday blog!

Deb

http://palofmine.wordpress.com

Jamie said...

Oh That is Beautiful and one I had never heard close enough to remember and I love U2. Thank you for the introduction.

Marilyn said...

That was nice. Thank you.

frenchkys said...

Glad you all liked it! Music IS a universal language, ain't it. Happy MM, everyone!