Friday, February 29, 2008

Manila Ink: My Leap Year Moment

In honor of the leap year (and my birthday three days ago), I decided to go through with the tattoo thing. Yes, I took the leap and got me-self inked. With absolutely no disrespect to my Pops (if you find out about this -- I AM SORRY! You realize that I'm 28 now, right?). Check it out...


Bring on the pain.


Stings like a motherf...


Sweet and Sore.


What it means? Well, for me, it symbolizes balance -- something I've always struggled with. It's not just a flame; if you look closely, they're all 4 elements: water (the blue part), earth (green and red), fire (orange/yellow), and air (white). I've been ruled by my water sign for as long as I could remember, and this mark on my body will definitely remind me each time I see it that there are so many ways to be. I can't be self-limiting anymore. Also, it symbolizes direction -- north, south, east, and west. That I have to allow myself to discover other avenues to happiness and contentment. Finally, it symbolizes the essentials for survival -- freedom, sustenance, passion, and faith (also in that order). I've thought about it long and hard, as you can see LOL. Anything to justify a permanent tattoo, eh? No regrets. Zero.

6 comments:

Keitaro Hanazawa said...

Parang hindi ka naman nasaktan?

frenchkys said...

Masakit noh! lol

Nadine said...

saan kayo nagpa-tat??

frenchkys said...

It's somewhere in West Triangle, parallel to Quezon Ave. A friend of mine had 2 of her tats done there, kaya I thought it would be a good (and safe) place to go when I got mine. They're OK naman. Very professional and REALLY fast. Still loving my tat. :) You can call/text Martin Caoile @ (0928)387-3838 -- he's the guy who did mine.

dmrbone said...

Martin did mine. Great guy and great artist!

frenchkys said...

He is, yeah. Thinking about getting another one, but I don't know. Maybe next year. :)