Monday, February 18, 2008

When 2 Become 1 Become 2

I haven't been around the past few days, all thanks to what I now call The Great Depression. I reached an extreme high when I found out my brother passed his board exams, with honors no less, only to realize a little later that I was plummeting with great speed into the deepest abyss of my sick, depressing mind.

Needless to say, the 12th of the month wasn't sweet and memorable as I'd hoped. And Valentine's was an utter disaster. AND the days that followed were pretty much suckfests I've never experienced before.

I fell off the face of the Earth, sure, but I'm glad to report that I am back from the undead -- thanks to a little movie therapy, Kenneth's very inviting and uber-comfortable couch (you ratted me out, didn't you, you son of a...), the constant nagging of my mom (which did me a lot of good in this case), and a funny (I think I also called it cute at one point) yet heart-warming email from the doctor. The world I lived in needed me alright. It's a good feeling. Thank God that awful time is over. It's good to be back.

Oh, right, Manic Monday. LOL Well, today's MM is all about the number 2. Incidentally, 2 is one of two of my favorite numbers. Ain't that funny. In honor of today's MM, here's Ryan Adams with, well, Two. Awesome song.

9 comments:

Villager said...

Great MM Post! Congrats to your brother and thanx for sharing the Ryan Adams song...

I struggled with this week's MM meme. Come visit if you have time or inclination.

peace, Villager

The Flying Monkeys said...

* slaps you*

CHEER UP!

* hands her a wellbutrin pill*

Hi this is Chuck Woolery from the dating game, and we'll be back in two and two!

Come check out my blog in 2's.

Happy Monday 2 you

frenchkys said...

Ooh, ooh, happy pills, gimme, gimme! lol

I'm awesome and drug-free, mind you, but thanks, guys, for stopping by and showing some bloglove this great MM.

You TWO enjoy the rest of the day now. Cheers! ;)

Jamie said...

Glad you are back from the suckfest carrying the gift of a beautiful song. May the happy days continue to outnumber the ratty ones.

Linda said...

Ah, the inevitable Suckfest that seems to crop up in all of our lives from time to time. In my experience, February seems to usually be one long Suckfest from beginning to end but that's probably because I hate winter and am really hating it right about now!

Glad to read that you are feeling better and that was a great song to end with!

frenchkys said...

Ryan Adams, together with the yin and the yang and the cosmos and pop culture and comfort food, do make it all better at the end, don't they.

Linda -- talk about the inevitable suckfests of February. I mean, I was BORN this month lol it's like programmed in my DNA. Yeah, glad I'm over it now. We do get 11 months to prepare for next Feb. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Appreciate you girls stopping by. Happy MM (try Manic MONTH)! haha

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

I hate suckfests too. Glad things are much better. I hadn't heard this song before. Good take on 2. Have a great MM. :)

the teach said...

Gee, frenchkys, I'm glad you're better Sounds like there are people in your life to help! Thanks for Ryan Adams...

frenchkys said...

Thank God for family and friends, eh? And junk food, and retail, and motion pictures, and the beach, and Blogger, and Conan, and...

...definitely lots of things to be thankful for. he he

Happy MM, ladies! ;)