Thursday, March 20, 2008

InFOURmation Overload: Reloaded

First off, I just want to thank those of you who sent me emails and links to your posts about your fours. You guys have no idea how touched and grateful I am for your effort and willingness to share. Some of you were even complete strangers before I read your lists. So again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you -- for opening up and allowing me to know you all just a little bit more.

A bunch of you also spruced up the list a little, which I thought was awesome. James (my most avid reader, or so he claims lol), Katrina T. of Paranaque (who I've never met, but went ahead and introduced herself to me anyway), Carol Ann (who's a first-time expecting mom...I am so THRILLED for you), Wanwan (who just did her own list after we got back from our road trip over the weekend -- you are, indeed, my ambassador of kWAN), and to everyone else who participated, big hugs to you all.

After reading your lists, I thought I'd add a few more bits of info on mine. At first, I did it knowing that no one would really take any real interest in the randomness of my existence. I am so glad that you guys proved me wrong. So here are my fours: reloaded.

Four movies that I could intensely relate to
1. Elizabethtown (Orlando Bloom, Kirsten Dunst)
2. If Only (Jennifer Love Hewitt, Paul Nicholls, Tom Wilkinson)
3. Lost In Translation (Scarlett Johansson, Bill Murray)
4. P.S. I Love You (Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow)

Four books that changed me forever
1. She's Come Undone (Wally Lamb)
2. The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
3. **A Blessing In Disguise: 39 Life Lessons From Today's Greatest Teachers (Andrea Joy Cohen)
4. **The Joy Of Doing Things Badly: A Girl's Guide To Love, Life, And Foolish Bravery (Veronica Chambers)
Note: Those in ** are for perpetual reading.

Four best feelings in the world
1. basking in real love
2. being safe
3. being trusted, acknowledged, accepted
4. finishing something and being great at it

Four things I wish I was holding right now
1. my father's hand
2. a 28-inch waist (supposedly mine)
3. the winning lottery ticket
4. the universal cure for cancer, aids, and other dehabilitating diseases

Four things I love
1. music
2. atmosphere
3. movies
4. food

Four people I wish to meet
1. Curt Blasko
2. Ethan Hawke
3. The Doctor
4. my future kid/s

Four things I wish to do before I die
1. travel
2. write more songs
3. affect & inspire people
4. make peace with everyone


Four people who really make me laugh

1. Wanwan
2. The Segovias (this was a tough call, so I went for the collective)
3. The Sorianos (my family's pretty funny, I gotta say)
4. Daniel

Four people who inspire me the most
1. Obie
2. my mom
3. people who've overcome sickness and adversities
4. people who have less than I do, but still feel happy to be alive

This has really been very therapeutic. To reiterate what I said on Wanwan's blog, it's an eye opener to friends and family members who think they know you completely, but hardly do; it's also a way of getting reacquainted with yourself. Everyone should try and do this; even just writing them on a piece of paper. Just be deliciously aware of your answers and let the good times roll.

No comments: