Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tick Tock Goes The Marrying Clock

Saw this on my cousin Phimie's site. You tick the boxes and add them all up in the end. The sum you get is supposedly your optimum age to get hitched. I think it's just a bunch of bull lol, but let's give it a try anyway. Looks like fun. :)

[/] I know how to make a cup of coffee. I know how to make myself a cup of coffee. But somehow I almost always screw up everybody else's. I get 1/2 a point for that, I guess.
[x] I keep track of dates using a calendar. Calendar on the wall, planner, post-its -- you name it.
[ ] I own more than one credit card.
[ ] I know how to change the oil in my car/bike. Erm, I know how to go to the shop and ask for an oil change, but I don't think that counts.
[/] I do my own laundry. Only when I travel.
[x] I vote every election. Local and national elections ever since I turned 18.
[x] I can cook for myself.
[ ] I think politics is exciting. As exciting as, well, politicians. So, no.
[ ] I balance my checkbook.
[ ] My parents have better things to say than my friends.
[/] I show up for school/college/work everyday early. Generally, I do, but I don't really need to report to work right now, so that gets 1/2 a point, too.
[x] I always carry a pen in my pocket/purse. Pen, pad, house -- it's all in there.
[/] I've never gotten a detention. This is tricky because detention doesn't really exist in these parts. Sure, they call your attention, ask you to stay after school, have your parents come in the next day, but there's just no name for it around here. That just makes you "trouble."
[ ] I have never smoked a cigarette.
[ ] I have never gotten completely trashed.
[ ] I have forgotten my own birthday at least once.
[x] I like to take walks by myself.
[x] I've watched talk shows.
[x] I know what 'credibility' means without looking it up.
[x] I drink coffee at least once a week.
[x] I know how to do the dishes.
[x] I can count 1 to 10 in another language.
[/] When I say I'm going to do something I do it.
[x] My parents trust me. They better!
[ ] I can mow the lawn. For the right price, I can.
[x] I can make adults laugh without being stupid.
[ ] I remember to water the plants. Mother Nature does that for me.
[x] I study when I have to.
[/] I pay attention at school/college. No one ever does 100% of the time.
[ ] I remember to feed my pets. Mother Nature does that for me.
[x] I can spell 'experience' without looking it up
[ ] I work out on a regular basis.
[/] I clean up my own mess. Most of the time, I do.
[ ] The people at Gloria Jeans know me by name. Coffee Bean, thanks!
[/] My favorite kind of food is takeout. I like it, but it's not my favorite. I like home-cooked just as much.
[x] I have gained weight since middle/high school. Too bad I could only tick this once.
[ ] The first thing I do when I wake up is get caffeine.
[/] I can't go out of the store without getting something I don't need. Guilty.
[ ] I understand political jokes the first time they are said. I'm not even gonna try.
[x] I can type quickly. Too bad I could only tick this once.
[ ] I have realized that the weather forecast changes every hour. I just look out the window; I never really think about it.
[ ] My only friends are from my place of employment.
[x] I have been to a Tupperware party. Tupperware, paper, foil, Saran -- yep.
[/] I have realized that no one will take you seriously unless you are over the age of 25 and have a job. Sometimes, I believe this.
[/] I have more bills than I can pay. I'll live.
[x] Most of my friends are older than I am. Oh, yeah.
[/] I can say no to staying out all night. I can say yes, too.
[x] I use the internet every day. Pretty much everyday, yep.
[ ]My wardrobe hasn't changed for a while. I'm a serial shopper. My wardrobe expands everyday.
[x] I can read a book and actually finish it.

That means, my marrying age is...26. OK, this is bull. lol

2 comments:

spongebabe said...

just be thankful it isn't "tick tock tick tock goes the biological clock".

hehehe.

frenchkys said...

Hahaha getting there (crap).