Tuesday, May 12, 2009

10 On Tuesday: Places To Shop

We're talking apparel here, guys, nothing else. I would have a totally different 10 if we were talking like food or something else. OK, on with the show...

1. Kohl's. Up to 80% off on clearance items LESS my aunt's 15-30% employee's discount LESS the day's additional discount of up to $10 for every $50 spent...just thinking about it gives me goosebumps all over. They carry a bunch of good brands -- Simply Vera by Vera Wang, Gloria Vanderbilt, Sonoma, Elle, Daisy Fuentes, Apt. 9, Chaps. Ahh, retail...my personal brand of heroin.

2. 168 Mall, Divi Mall, and Tutuban Center @ Divisoria. Not everyone will agree with me on this. Not everyone CAN brave the streets and alley ways of Divisoria to find the best retail, wholesale, and overrun deals. It can be a little intimidating; what, with the traffic, the crazy commuters, the not-so-clean streets. But, all that's WORTH IT.

3. Susie's Deals. Every item for $5.99 [plus tax] or LESS! Crazy, no? I think I've been to ALL of the Susie's Deals stores; except the one in Utah. It sort of turned into a mission, actually. AND, I got to meet Susie herself at their factory outlet in Fontana, CA. Got some great deals and extra discounts for the remainder of my US trip. Susie's rocks my socks off.

4. Dorothy Perkins/Topshop. I loooooove their stuff because A) they fit, B) I can wear them to work or out about town or to the next door neighbor's and not look overdressed but still fashionable, and C) they fit. God bless The Queen!

5. Lalai Sap. My absolute favorite piece of shopping heaven in Bangkok. Sure, I also love Suan Lum, the Pat Pong night market strip, Siam Paragon, and the Pratunam market...oooh, Pratunam. But, Lalai Sap will always have a special place in my heart.

6. eBay. Nothing better than buying WHILE selling. You don't feel as cleaned out. lol

7. Greenhills Shopping Center. If I can't get my Divisoria fix, Greenhills is the next best thing. Also a great place to bring friends and family who are visiting from abroad. They'll surely get their $'s worth...and more!

8. Surplus Shop. Where cheap overruns and fabulous treasures await.

9. Landmark Department Stores. They've got really good affordable finds. With some patience and serious shopper's skills, you can bag a complete ensemble with just minimal wallet damage.


10. SM Supermalls Department Stores. Truly, they've got it all. The one that's like 5 minutes away from where I live? It's one of my most favorite places on Earth. SM North EDSA also happens to be the 10th biggest mall in the world, according to Forbes (based on gross leasable area). I read somewhere it's the 6th biggest mall in terms of land area. Not to mention, 2 other SM Supermalls located in Metro Manila are included in the top 10 for both lists. Just its vastness speaks for itself. I've been going to that mall since I was like 5 or 6 years old. No wonder it's been imprinted in my DNA.

1 comment:

Women’s dresses said...

Ebay is a brilliant place to shop. Such a big range at such small prices. Ideal as we are in the middle of a credit crunch