Friday, June 8, 2012

Oh, Bayo

It all started with these print ads...


Then an ad with a "What's Your Mix?" manifesto that circulated the net, which only made things worse...


And then, the inevitable apology (what took them so long?!)...


This latest Bayo campaign just irks me so. To promote buying Filipino is good and all (I've always been a big fan of their products), but to even mention that "mixing nationalities with Filipinos is almost a sure formula for someone beautiful and world class" is just misleading at best. Big love to the half-and-halfS, but what is Bayo really trying to say here? And, I'm sorry, but the manifesto wasn't even written well. Made me doubt it was a real ad to begin with. I honestly hoped it wasn't. But, alas, I was wrong.

Full-blooded Filipinos (glutathione junkies included) are just as beautiful, talented, and awesome as our mixed-heritage brothers and sisters. It shouldn't even be a question of how much percent Filipino or German or American or Australian a person is. Last time I checked, we ALL had the same color blood.

Since Philippine Independence Day is just around the corner, I urge all Filipinos - pure bloods, half bloods, muggles, and squibs alike - to stand proud and love the skin they're in. Oh, and I wish Manny Pacquiao victory in tomorrow's bout (Saturday night PST) - may he knock Timothy Bradley out. MABUHAY ANG PILIPINAS, MABUHAY ANG FILIPINO!

No comments: