Friday, September 7, 2007

Mix Tape: Every Lament is a Love Song

Title: Yesterdays
Artist: Switchfoot
Album: Oh! Gravity
Dedication: "This is for you, Tatay. Missing you so..."




The flowers cut and brought inside
Black cars in a single line
Your family in suits and ties
And you’re free

The ache I feel inside
Is where the life has left your eyes
I’m alone for our last goodbye
But you’re free

I remember you like yesterday, yesterday
I still can’t believe you’re gone
Oh, I remember you like yesterday, yesterday
And until I’m with you, I carry on

Adrift on your ocean floor
I feel weightless numb and sore
A part of you and me is torn
But you’re free

I woke from a dream last night
I dreamt that you were by my side
Reminding me I still had life
In me...

I’ll carry on, I’ll carry on

Every lament is a love song
Yesterday, yesterday
I still can’t believe you’re gone...
So long my friend, so long

4 comments:

spongebabe said...

you know what, frizzy, my grandfather died ages ago and i still miss him badly. *sniffs*

frenchkys said...

We can share my box of tissues. ;(

Truth is, you can never really get over something like this completely. All you can do is hope you can get through another day without feeling so crushed by grief, knowwhatImean?

Mandy said...

I am writing on behalf of the United Network for Organ Sharing. We are writing an article for our bi-monthly magazine, the Update, about BlogCatalog's social awareness campaign to promote organ donation. We are including a side bar with quotes that people posted about the campaign and I was wondering if we could use a portion of what you wrote. The portion we want to use reads:
"Organ donation is a choice, of course it is, but it is the RIGHT choice. Anything I could do to help make it known, do count me in"
If you agree to let us use this, please email me your first name and the city and state that you live in. My email address is claggeak@unos.org. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you need additional information.

Thanks,
Mandy

frenchkys said...

Quote away, Mandy. It would be an honor to be a part of something good.