Monday, October 22, 2007

Manic Monday: Wendy's Frosty

I don't know about this Wendy's Jr. Frosty marketing promotion, but I sure do love the stuff. I haven't had a cup in a while, and I plan on holding out a little longer before my next one, but Wendy's Frosty is just too good. I swear, it was invented for the sole purpose of my happiness. Fine, and of others.

You wanna try and make your own glass of Frosty at home? I've tried it once; wasn't really as good as the real thing. But when you're on crutches and Wendy's can't deliver frozen desserts right to your doorstep at 3 in the morning, putting on my culinary gloves for a few minutes seemed like the best contingency (sleep and cravings never really meshed well for me).

You can find close-to-the-real-thing Frosty recipes on Recipe Link and Recipezaar. I suggest you take it easy on the condensed milk though -- it's death disguised in sugary goodness.

What's up with me and food posts on Manic Mondays?!? I guess Mondays just make me hungry. Then again, everyday might as well be a Monday!@#$

10 comments:

tegdirb92 said...

How big are those jr frosty for 20 cents each? I've never tried to make one at home but nothing beats a good frosty. Enjoy your Monday.

Gattina said...

Unfortunately (or fortunately it depends) I don't know it at all !

frenchkys said...

I'd say about 9 oz. I could be wrong though. I guess it's only good for you if you stick to the puny cup rather than reach for the biggie all the time.

Now I really want one. Ha ha

Aniqueanik said...

you really get diabetes for it.lol
great take on this meme. have great week ahead. mine is up now.

Villager said...

Great MM post! I'm reminded that I truly appreciated it when Wendy's added VANILLA as a flavor for the Frosty...

Frost made me think of the Winter Olympics for some reason. My MM post focuses on some little known factoids about the frosty olympics!

peace, Villager

frenchkys said...

Anique -- My mom's diabetic, so people expect me to be smarter about these things, right? Not! ha ha Life's too short anyway.

Villager -- Winter Olympics...I look forward to the day I actually experience either. LOL Thanks for stopping by!

crazy working mom said...

They are good...I love to dip my fries in 'em! :p

frenchkys said...

I do that, too!!! Double the pleasure, as I always say.

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

I've never had one. Shame on me. Have a great MM. :)

frenchkys said...

I guess it's better that way, Sandee. Ignorance can be bliss. ;) Happy MM!