Monday, February 11, 2008

Heart Strings

Today's Manic Monday is all about the heart. Very exciting topic, I thought. A lot of things popped in my head straight away, but only one (or in this case -- duo) really stuck.

The Wilson Sisters totally got me hooked the first time I heard them. I think I was in 6th grade -- back when The New Kids On The Block tape was still getting a lot of play time on my boom box ("uh uh uh oh oh...the right stuff"). One day after school, I heard Alone playing on the radio and that was the beginning of my love affair with Heart. Their vocal range and stylings are just too much, which is always good in their case. Whenever I do Karaoke, I always have to sing at least one Heart song. I could never get enough of them, really.

To commemorate heart's day and two of the greatest female rockers that ever lived, here's a vid of Heart with their heart-wrenching single What About Love. Advanced Happy Valentine's, all!!!

3 comments:

the teach said...

Thanks, frenchkys, I listened to the whole song! Happy MM!

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

I ♥ this song a lot. Very good choice for todays word. Have a great MM. :)

frenchkys said...

I heart Heart!!! ;) Thanks for stopping by, guys. Happy MM!!!