Friday, June 19, 2009

Show Me A Good Loser...

1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting them to be capable of creating the same havoc as you when you were their age.

2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a modest winner.

3. Downing an entire bottle of alcohol and a glass of cocoa as chaser is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time.

4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy doing stuff that have absolutely nothing to do with the betterment of the nation and those who don't know how to think they do.

5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine egg whites and and sugar to create meringue.

6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without butter or garlic in it.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a good run, tomorrow my plans include a quick stop at the hospital for my Godson's check-up and a night of getting wasted with Angelo and my friends, and Sunday, I want to kick back and relax!

3 comments:

Mariposa said...

I certainly agree with you in #4. Enjoy your weekend!

Mariposa's Friday Fill-Ins

Thom said...

Great friday fill ins. No. 4 is so true :)

Lorielle said...

Hope you have a great run! I need to get one of those in myself! :)